Main Premium Winner and foal-maker number 1
Pedigree El.H. Gribaldi × Clavecimbel × Ferro × Farn
|El.H. Gribaldi||Kostolany (Trak.)||Enrico Caruso|
|El.St. Gondola II||Ibikus|
|Zanoeska v. Farn|
This jewel, with his highly interesting blood line, was one of the most eye-catching stallions at the Oldenburg licensing in 2012. An incredible quality of movements, enormous power from the hindquarters, an outstanding walk, perfect character, charm and noblesse, perfectly built conformation, correct legs and a first-class top-line – this true to type and beautiful young stallion is gifted with everything needed for a glorious future.
In the course of his first public presentations under the saddle Grey Flanell caused a wave of enthusiasm due to his natural cadence and outstandingly reliable rhythm, making him one of the most frequented stallions in Germany.
Because of his extraordinary first crop Grey Flanell was awarded the band of Oldenburg Main Premium Winner in 2014. Since then, many high-priced champion and auction foals have characterized the sites of different breeding areas. Grey Flanell produced auction highlights in series. A high number of his offspring were sold for high five-figure prices.
He also made a very successful debut in sport: At the Pavo Cup 2014 he became best stallion of his age in a group of strong Dutch competitors. Then, this noble dancer collected ribbons in tests for young dressage horses and qualified for the Bundeschampionat according to his age. Now Grey Flanell collected numerous victories and placings up to advanced level and Inter I-classes. His trainer Lena Waldmann certifies him enormous talent for Grand Prix.
Grey Flanell’s power of inheritance is refelcted by six licensed sons as well as several premium and elite daughters. His offspring often impress as winner of youngsters tests and tests for young dressage horses according to their age. Grey Flanell passes resoundingly on his own spectacular mechanic of movements, especially his powerful hindquarters, to his offspring.
The sire Gribaldi was often the number one at the WBFSH ranking, is Elite Stallion and made it to the top as international Grand Prix horse under Edward Gal. Furthermore, Gribaldi marked distinctively the modern sport horse breeding all over the world. The list of top-class offspring is long: Elite Stallion Hofrat, Distelzar, Painted Black and Sisther de Jeu – just to name a few – but since Totilas has become famous, everybody knows his name.
The dam’s sire Clavecimbel won and placed with the best many times in Grand Prix classes, but then died in a tragic accident on the way to a competition unfortunately.
None other than “Olympic” Ferro rounds this pedigree of performance. He placed fifth in the individual test and second with the team in the Olympic Games in Sydney, took sixth place in the World Championship in Rome and second place in the World Cup final. Ferro produced numerous top horses, including the licensed sons Metall and Vice World Champion of young dressage horses, Rousseau. Grey Flanell’s granddam Janoeska, who was a successful advanced (S) level show jumper, is out of the advanced (S) level successful dressage and show-jumping mare Zanoeska (by Farn).
Grey Flanell is homozygous for dark colour. Grey Flanell – a dream that came true!
WFFS status: negative (NON carrier)
- Grey Flanells son Blue Hors Giccolo was licensed at the Westphalian licensing in Münster
- 2nd place Prix St. Georges in Dallgow, scoring 72,8 %
- 4th place Prix St. Georges & 5th place Intermediaire I, International Chiemsee Pferdefestival
- 2nd place Prix St. Georges in Neu-Anspach, scoring 71,9 %
- victorious in a dressage test at medium (M) level in Drsesden
- 2nd place in a dressage test at medium (M) level in Tremsdorf
- Grey Flanell presented a Premium Stallion at the Oldenburg licensing in Vechta
- Grey Flanell presented a licensed son at the Oldenburg saddle licensing, where his son was finally sold for 83,000 Euro at the elite spring auction.
- State Premium Mare (from his first crop) was invited to the Oldenburg Elite Broodmare Show in Rastede
- Grey Flanell presented again numerous high priced elite auction foals as well as a three-year old riding horse (from his first crop), which was sold for 52,000 Euro at the Westphalian Elite Auction.
- straightaway, he presented three licensed sons from his first crop
- qualified for the Bundeschampionat of five-year old dressage horses
- Oldenburg Main Premium Winner due to his brilliant first crop as well as his outstanding performance record
- best stallion in the Pavo Trophy (Dutch version of the German Bundeschampionat)
- victorious in novice (A) level tests for young dressage horses
Oldenburg (OL), Southern German studbooks, Rhineland, Poland, Brandenburg-Anhalt, Rheinland-Pfalz-Saar, Sachsen-Thüringen